Come and join the adventure!
As Quest looks to expand, it needs additional support to assist the Program Director with our comprehensive approach to building strong leadership skills, deeper cultural understanding and acceptance among each team’s diverse members, and a commitment to community service. The Assistant Program Coordinator will be an integral part of this process and will gain experience in all aspects of nonprofit operations, programs and development!
Be a part of the movement to help Boston youth grow into responsible global citiznes!
Assistant Program Coordinator
• Conduct Quest team building and reflection activities with students, creating multiple opportunities for students to grow in self awareness, confidence, leadership, cultural understanding and validation among peers in group.
• Develop marketing materials and draft web content for social media, Quest website and newsletters that describes the purpose, goals and impact of each team’s service project
• Organize and participate with students in local community service activities that connect the theme of each team’s service project with corresponding local service activities.
• Analyze growth of leadership skills and academic understanding of the project, based on comparison between student introductory and mid written reflections.
• Coordinate with fundraising committee of executive board and provide administrative support at Executive and Alumni board meetings
• Assist students during workshops on how to articulate their reasons for participating in service project by helping them to create well organized, persuasive fundraising letters and oral presentations.
• Assist in organizing school groups for participation in Quest Service Day and
5K Walk fundraiser
• Assist in preparing former Quest students to make oral presentations at Quest Educators’ Conference and other workshops.
• Create academic curriculum guide for school teams
• Empower Boston students through travel, community service, and increased self-efficacy to realize their fullest potential as contributing citizens of the world.
• Build trusting relationships among a diverse team of students that will impact entire school
• Commitment to empowering Boston youth
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with updating websites
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Preferred: prior service learning experiences
Time Commitment and Work Location
• 20 hours per week
• The majority of the time will be spent at the Quest office at ACC High School
The rest will take place with teams in their schools and during local community service. Some work required on weekends and evenings.
• January – June 2014
• Direct contact and relationship-building with local Boston students
• Reimbursement for public transportation costs
• Experience in daily operations and development in a non-profit setting
• Mentoring from the Quest Adventures Executive Director
• Leadership experience
• Resume building experience and letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the
• This position is UNPAID with a travel stipend
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to:
Claudia Bell, Executive Director